As you might now we are currently doing an Ocean Series. So in its continuation today we will be making the Glittery Seahorse Craft which is actually an adorable hand puppet as well. And we are extra happy to share this because Eric Carle’s Mister Seahorse has always inspired us and has been my daughter’s favourite book ever! So today we can make a Seahorse Craft to go with our favourite book!!!
Its perfect for preschoolers and pretend play and story time! And what’s more you can print out (click) Seahorse Template and fun facts about seahorses right here Fun Seahorse Facts.
A long time back we had a salt water aquarium in our house and we had this cute little seahorse in it as well. This is where my fascination of seahorses started. They are so adorable and cute to look at! So let’s learn a few fun facts about them as well.
Ocean Series Crafts
Paper Jellyfish Craft With Free Printable Fun Facts
Turtle Craft For Toddlers With Free Printable Template and Fun Facts
Rainbow Crab Craft
What are Seahorse?
Seahorse are classified as fish. They have a lifespan of about 3 years in the wild. They are called seahorse because of the shape of their head yup! very different looking from your average fish in the ocean. They are very tiny and can range from 2cm to 35cm in size. To find out more about them click here to download free printable fan facts sheet: Fun Seahorse Facts
Materials RRequired For Glittery Seahorse Craft
- Yellow and pink Craft paper
- Golden glitter paper
- Golden stars (optional)
- Pipe cleaner 1
- Hot glue gun or UHU glue
How to make Glittery Seahorse Craft
1. Print (click to download) Seahorse Template to trace an outline on yellow and pink craft papers. This for making two seahorses like us.
2. Next trace the crown and fin (using the seahorse template) on golden glitter paper.
3. Glue on the crown and the fin on your seahorses.
4. Put some glue on the stomach of the seahorse and stick your golden stars.
5. To turn the seahorses into Puppets to play with cut a 1 inch piece of pipe cleaner. Turn it into a circle and stick on the backside of the seahorse. Remember you want to insert a pencil through this ring. See pictures below.
Your Glittery Seahorse Craft For Preschoolers is ready now. It’s perfect for pretend play or for story time.
Happy Crafting With Us! Don’t forget to subscribe with us for more free promotions and Printables.
For more information on Seahorses visit: https://www.natgeokids.com/nz/discover/animals/sea-life/seahorse-facts/
5 thoughts on “Glittery Seahorse Craft For Kids”