A few years back my husband had these awesome fish aquariums. We had a salt water aquarium and a fresh water aquarium. They were so gorgeous and so relaxing to look at but a lot of hard work was involved in maintaing them. So with time we had to wrap them up. The other day i was showing my daughter a few photos of our aquariums. They inspired her so much that we decided to make our own Fish Aquarium Craft using paper plates.
So of we went to our craft room. For this craft i wanted some different materials. I decided to paint some paper plates and see how they turned out. And they turned out gorgeous!!! The instructions below are for 1 paper plate aquarium craft. Though as usual we made two. By the way i can proudly say that my daughters paper plate aquarium craft turned out better then mine. Can you guess which one is hers!!
Materials For Paper Plate Fish Aquarium Craft:
- Paper Plate
- Blue paint
- Colorful paper for the fish and the sea weed
- Brown paper bag for the sand
Instructions For Paper Plate Fish Aquarium Craft:
1 Paint your paper plate a pretty shade of blue. Set it aside for drying.
2. Cut out some fish, star fish and jelly fish.
3. Cut out sea weed for two different shades of green.
4. For the sand to have textured effect i crumbled up the brown paper bag and cut it into medium size squares.
5. Once the paint on your paper plate is dry you can start pasting you sea creatures, weeds and the sand.
Your gorgeous Paper Plate Fish Aquarium Craft is ready now. This craft is especially perfect for kids aged 3 to 5. You can easily ask them to color the paper plates. They can easily paste their own sea creatures themselves. Let them be creative and have some fun.
For more Ocean Themed Crafts do check the pretty How To Make Mermaid Craft Using Paper Roll. You can also check out my Easy Paper Fish Craft. So have some quality time with your kids and Happy Crafting!!!