As you know i am currently doing an Ocean Series. So for today we are making an adorable Turtle Craft for toddlers which can easily be turned into a puppet as well. And what’s more! It comes with free printable fun facts!!!! Now turtles are just so adorable. Who doesn’t love them! I for one have kept turtles as pets as a kid. And it was so much fun watching them slowly move around the rocks and feeding them leafs!
Fun Turtle Facts
Turtles are truly magnificent and live in lots of different environments. They belong to the reptile group. And do you know they can live both in the sea and on land as well! Some of them live in sea water and some in fresh water! Can you guess what type are the pet turtles? Sea water or fresh water? You guessed it right! They are fresh water. If you want to learn more about them then Download FREE Printable Fun Facts: Fun Turtle Facts
Now we ended up making two different versions of our Turtle Craft. The first one is a mosaic (pasted tiny pieces of colorful paper) and the other one was made by my daughter. She used a gold pen to draw pattern on the back of the Turtle Craft. And don’t worry if you are not good with drawing you can use my Turtle Template.
Materials Needed For Turtle Craft Puppet
- Green Craft paper (don’t worry if you don’t have it just use white paper and color it green)
- Cut out pieces of colorful paper
- Black marker
- Golden Marker
How to make Turtle Craft Puppet
1. Use the (click) Turtle Template to trace the hands, feet, head and tail of the turtle on green craft paper and cut. If you don’t have a printer you still don’t need to worry. Just download the template and try to copy it. It’s not hard at all!
2. Cut out a big green circle from green craft paper as the shell of the turtle. You can be creative and cut out a oval or even a rectangle.
3. Now you have two options to decorate the shell. Either use tiny pieces of colorful paper and use glut to stick them on the shell (btw this is called mosaic technique) or you can use the golden pen to draw pattern on the shell, like my daughter did.
4. Now to turn the Turtle Craft into a puppet, flip it on its back side and stick the edges of a strip of paper. As shown in the Turtle Template or as you can see in the picture below. Remember just stick the edges not the entire strip. You need to put your hand through it after all.
Your adorable Turtle Craft Puppet is ready now! Enjoy hours of pretend play with it.
Ocean Series Crafts
Don’t forget to download your Free Printable Fun Facts (Click): Fun Turtle Facts
Subscribe to get more free promotions right in your inbox!!!
Happy Crafting With Us!
For more Fun Turtle Fact: https://www.natgeokids.com/nz/discover/animals/sea-life/turtle-facts/