As you all know Mother’s Day is right around the corner. I personally feel that making a gift for the mommies is better then buying one. The littles ones especially love making crafts for their mommies. So this pretty Rainbow Popsicle Vase is perfect for this purpose. I love it when my daughter brings a handmade craft for me from school.
This Rainbow Popsicle Vase is so easy that little children can make it with little help. This will make them feel so proud of themselves. And the rainbow popsicle vase looks so pretty with little effort.
Materials for Rainbow Popsicle Vase:
- Rainbow Popsicle sticks (if you can’t find rainbow ones just use any one color).
- Empty box or jar. (I used empty Pringles box).
- UHU glue
- Construction paper ( red, pink and orange).
- 3 straws
- Ribbon (optional)
Instructions for Rainbow Popsicle Vase:
1. Take your empty box or jar and start pasting popsicle sticks on it in a rainbow pattern.
2. Keeping sticking popsicle sticks all around the box. Make sure not to put too much glue.
3. Tie a ribbon around your vase for decoration.
4. Now to put inside the vase use your construction papers to write a big bubble I and cut it. As show in picture.
5. Stick your I on the plastic straw. You can even use color pencils to stick your I on.
6. Next cut out a heart shape. Stick it on the straw.
7. Lastly write mom in bubble letters and cut it out as shown in the picture. Stick it on the straw.
Your pretty rainbow popsicle vase is now ready for mother’s day!!! This was such an easy and fun activity. My daughter loved making it with me. Hope you enjoy it too with your little ones. If you liked this craft then do also check out Mommy and Baby Chicks , My Mom: My Tree of Love, Mother’s Day Paper Hearts Wreath and Mother’s Day Cards with 3D Flowers in our Mother’s Day category.
PS. We also made a flower version where we put flowers in the vase instead of i love mom. Here are a few pictures of that.