Mother’s Day is right around the corner. To celebrate the love of motherhood i thought of this adorable mommy bird and her baby chicks craft. Your little ones will love to make this adorable mommy bird and her cute little baby chicks. This is another easy craft which is so fun to make and it turns out so gorgeous!!!
My daughter loved making the baby chicks so much that instead of making two chicks as planned we ended up making four and even added a Daddy Bird. The material and instruction below are for one mommy bird and her two chicks. We also ended up making a nest for them.
Materials for Mommy Bird and her Chicks:
- Colorful construction paper (i used deep pink and purple)
- Googley eyes
- Colorful feathers
Materials for Bird Nest:
- Lid of a box ( I used a lid of an empty disposable box but any sort of lid like a shoe box one can be used).
- Green construction paper
- Brown paper bag
- Fake green plants (you can use real grass or leaves too).
- Popsicle stick and play dough to make it stand (optional)
- White paper
Instructions for Mommy Bird and her Chicks:
1. Cut out 1 big circle for Mommy Bird and cut out 2 small circles for the Chicks.
2. Fold each circle in half as shown in picture.
3. Now stick on the googley eyes. Cut out a tiny triangle from yellow construction paper for the beak and paste it with glue.
4. Next paste two feathers on each bird. I cut the feather in two and pastsed it on each Chick.
5. Lastly cut out thin colorful strips for the Mommy birds tail. Stick them with glue.
Your adorable Mommy Bird and Chicks are ready now. My daughter loved them so much that we made four chicks and even a Daddy Bird. After making all this she also insisted on making a nest for her birdies. So off we went to make a nest.
Instructions for Mommy Bird and her Chicks Nest:
1. Take a lid. I used a plastic lid off a disposable food container.
2. Cover it with green construction paper and glue it.
3. Next cut thin long strips from brown paper bag. Fold each strip in accordion style as shown in the picture. These will be your twigs for the nest.
4. Break a popsicle stick in half. Write a message on white paper and stick it on the popsicle stick. To make popsicle stick stand make a cube of your play dough and stick the popsicle in it. It will stand nicely.
5. Lastly decorate the nest with fake leaves or real ones as you wish. Place your birds in the nest.
Your pretty Mommy Bird and Chicks Nest is ready for your little ones to enjoy. If you enjoyed making this then do checkout our Rainbow Popsicle Vase: Mother’sDay Special. You will love it!!! Happy Crafting!!!
You may also enjoy our easy Spring Crafts: Spring Bookmarks Fun and creative.
13 thoughts on “Mother’s Day Special: Easy To Make Mommy Bird and her Chicks”
These are the cutest birds ever…such a lovely and easy craft. Will try it with my daughter soon! 🙂
All of your Mother’s Day crafts are so cute! Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Your welcome! And so glad u like them.
These are super cute! I’m going to try to make these with my kids this weekend. Love your blog
I am glad. Thank you so much!