My Dad was a pilot. So most of my childhood I was lucky enough to travel in the cockpit. Yup you heard that right! Back in the 90s aviation rules weren’t that strict. And I can tell you those were the best days of life! Anyhow today my daughter asked me to make some an Airplane Craft for her pretend play games. And this got me thinking about doing a Transport Craft Series. So stay tuned for more Transport Crafts coming this week!
I instantly agreed to that and set about making our Craft for the day. By the way these days I am encouraging her to make the crafts by herself with little guidance from me. So I asked her what materials she wanted to choose. She decided on using Colorful Popsicle Sticks for her Airplanes.
Popsicle Stick Airplane
We just love using Popsicle Sticks for crafts and that’s because they are so colorful and so easy to use. And the best part is no cutting required so yay!!!! Also please note that regular glue can be used to stick the Popsicle Sticks together but somehow I find that messy. So instead I always use hot glue gun for my Popsicle Stick crafts. So today’s Popsicle Stick Airplane Craft was no different.
We used two different sizes of Popsicle sticks. The body of the Airplane and its wings were made using the large sized Popsicle Sticks, while for the back elevator wings were made using smaller sized Popsicle Sticks. You can find the step by step instructions below.
- Popsicle Sticks (Large) 2
- Popsicle Sticks (Small) 1
- Black Marker or sharpie
- Hot Glue Gun
- Take 1 large Popsicle Stick and place it vertically in front of you.
- Take your hot glue gun and put two dots of the glue. One should be for the wings of the Airplane Craft and another for the elevators at the back.
- Place the second large Popsicle Stick horizontally on the first stick. This will create the Wings.
- Take the smaller sized Popsicle Stick and glue it as the elevators of the airplane at its bottom end.
- Now use your black marker to create designs for your Airplane Craft
I prefer to use hot glue gun with all of my Popsicle Stick crafts but you can easily use regular school glue as well.
Hope you enjoy making this Easy Airplane Craft Using Popsicle Sticks. Do check out my Ultimate List Of Popsicle Stick Crafts right here.
Please Subscribe with us to get more free and fun crafts and printables right in your inbox!
Happy Crafting With Us!!!!!