I can’t even remember which day of lockdown it is today… but whatever it is we have planned to make a perfect slime today. Those of you know who know me know that I hate like absolutely detest slime. Meanwhile my daughter absolutely loves loves slime and has perfected her Magical Slime Recipe. She has in fact become a pro at making slime.
And during these lazy days when I nap she keeps herself busy making her slime. By the way be sure to check out our Glittery Ocean Slime
So for today we are using this easy Magical Slime Recipe that involvs contact lens solution, glue and baking soda. Because way back i had tried the borax recipe slime and it didn’t work for me and i wasn’t too comfortable using borax in its raw form with my daughter. So this easy contact lens solution recipe is the one i used for our Magical Slime Recipe. And if you are wondering whats the science behind slime is, then i have the answer for that.
What is Slime
Slime is a popular thick and slimy substance loved by all kids. It’s science lies behind combining PVA glue with an activator – borax to change the chemical composition of the glue and convert it into a polymer cross-mixing. So while you are making my easy Magical Slime Recipe you can tell your kids you are doing a kool science experiment!
Interesting Slime Facts
1.Slime is a non Newtonian fluid. Which means its neither liquid nor solid.
2. Making Slime is actually a lesson in chemistry, where we change the molecules of the PVA glue with the help of an activator, in this case Borax. (Finally high school chemistry is coming useful somewhere in life).
3. Slime first became popular in 1976 and was marketed as an eky yucky gross toy.
4. Slime has become super popular these day, and there are tons of different recipes for it. Food coloring and glitter has made slime into something super pretty.
Magical Slime Recipe
- Clear Glue 4 oz/ 125 ml ( I recommend using Elmer’s Clear Glue)
- Contact lens solution 1 1/2 tabs (with borax in its ingredients)
- Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
- Water as needed
- Pink glitter
- Golden stars
Note: If Elmer’s Cleat Glue isn’t easily available where you live then i suggest you try Adx clear glue. Though the results might not be the exact same, but its a good replacement for Elmer’s Clear Glue.
Instructions For Magical Slime Recipe
1. Pour clear glue in a bowl.
2. Add baking soda to it and mix it well. The clear glue will turn opaque at this stage.
3. Next add about a 2 Tbs of water. Add more water if the glue stays too thick.
4. Mix the glue well. At this stage slime will be very sticky ,gooey and stringy. Don’t panic and just keep mixing.
5. Now drain the excess water from your slime bowl.
6. Next slowly add the contact lens solution to your slime. Drain the access solution once your slime starts to form. It should look something like this. It will still be pretty soft and stringy.
7. Keeping mixing the slime and add your pink glitter now. We added tons of it!
Few important tips:
Magical Slime Recipe does need a lot of kneading. If your slime is still too runny add in a bit more contact lens solution. If its too hard then add in more water.
Gorgeous Shimmery Magical Slime is ready now. Honestly this slime looked just like molten cotton candy to me and the glitter was just so pretty. We loved making this slime. For more fun summer crafts do check out my Glittery Ocean Slime and my Floating Rainbow Popsicle Raft Craft.
Do make these easy fun crafts this summer with your kids to create everlasting memories. Happy Crafting With Us!!
1 thought on “Fun Magical Slime Recipe”