Believe it or not me the slime hater actually made Rainbow Edible Slime!!!! Yup you heard that right. Slime can be edible. I can NOT believe this slime could be this much finger licking fun. Thanks to my 7 yr old slime obsessed daughter i am now knee deep no wait elbow deep in slimes.
This slimey adventure of ours began with this super pretty Glittery Ocean Slime. Then came the Glittery Gold Slime. And today we made Rainbow Edible Slime using Marshmallows. This was such a sticky fun slime. And the colors are just so bright! There are tons of edible slime recipes on pinterest and I decided to use the marshmallow one first.
What is Edible Slime
Edible slime is any slime which is made using edible ingredients. Most edible slimes are made using marshmallows, sticky candy or even nutella (imagine that). Edible slimes are way stickier then the normal slime. But the plus point is that kids can eat it while playing.
Edible Slime Facts
Okay so after my hour long research on edible slimes i came to the conclusion that Edible Slime is probably a YouTube invention. You know how everyone hooked on to these mesmerizing slime videos. Well i am pretty sure that one day a You Tuber decided to have some fun in the kitchen and invented these edible slimes (yay!!!). And now we are all hooked on to them and their different versions.
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Rainbow Edible Slime
- Marshmallows 1 Packet (Four different colored marshmallows Pink, Yellow, Blue and Green). Separate each color marshmallows. We will be making 4 different batches and then twisting them together.
- Vegetable Oil 1-2 Tbs
- Cornstarch 3-6 Tbs (as needed)
Instructions For Rainbow Edible Slime
1. Take all the pink marshmallows and put them in a microwavable safe bowl. Add 1 tbs vegetable oil and give it 20 seconds in the microwave. You may need more or less time to melt your marshmallows. Do Not over heat them or they will burn.
2. Take the marshmallows out carefully. They will be pretty hot. Slowly add cornstarch to them and mix them with a spoon. They will be super sticky. Add a little more vegetable oil and some more cornstarch to make them less sticky. Keep them aside for 5 minutes to cool down.
3. Now gently knead them with your hands. Put a little bit of oil on your hands to make them less sticky. You can add a little bit more cornstarch to if need be. The consistency should be like bread dough.
4. Do the same for all colors of marshmallows.
For Rainbow Effect
1.Stretch each color separately.
2. Merge them together and twist.
Bright and colorful Rainbow Edible Slime is ready. This slime was so much fun to make despite it being pretty sticky.
My daughter absolutely loved playing and eating this slime. She loved helping me make this gorgeous slime. So make it today with your little ones for some fun. Also do check out my super popular and easy to make Glittery Ocean Slime and my Glittery Gold Slime.
Happy Crafting With Us!!!
3 thoughts on “Rainbow Edible Slime”
This looks like so much fun! And yummy! I’m surprised it’s not sticky.
Hi Amy! I am glad you like this edible slime. And it was pretty sticky BUT the cornstarch and oil make it less sticky and playable. Also in my opinion do not add too much oil to stop the stickyness. Instead use more cornstarch. Hope you try it soon 🙂