Birds are always a favorite of all kids. Seeing them fly in the sky, looking at pretty colorful pictures of them is always fascinating. My daughter is no different. And when her class was using rain forests as a theme she was delighted. So for her rain forest related school project we made a gorgeous bright colored Bird Craft. This bird craft was extra fun because kids can wear these colorful birds on their wrists!!!
For this craft i decided to use empty toilet paper rolls. I used toilet rolls to make our two colorful birds complete with beaks feathers and tail. I used bright neon colorful construction paper and some cute feathers. The instructions below are for 1 bird craft. I made two on my daughter’s insistence. One for each wrist!!!
Materials For Bird Craft:
- Empty toilet roll
- Bright neon colored construction paper (pink, yellow and green)
- Pipe cleaners
- Paper cutter or hole puncher
Instructions For Bird Craft:
1. Cut out pink and green construction paper strips. Cut out a broader strip for body of the bird. I used green construction paper. And cut out a thinner strip of pink construction paper for the head of the bird. Also cut out a “n” shaped yellow strip for the tummy of the bird.
2. Paste the green strip first. Then paste the pink strip for the head. Next paste the yellow one.
3. Next cut put tiny green circles for the eyes of the bird and paste them. You can stick googley eyes too if your kids are obsessed with them like mine. I only pasted and drew eyes this time because i was out of googley eyes!!!
4. For the beak i pasted a tiny orange triangle. You can draw it too if u want.
5. Next comes the fun part. Past two feathers for wings and one on the head of the bird. For the head i pasted the feather on the inner edge of the toilet roll tube.
6. Next poke two holes on each side of the bird to pass the pipe cleaner. I used a pipe cleaner to tie the bird craft around my daughter’s wrist. You can use a ribbon to if u like.
7. At the end i pasted feathers at the back of the toilet roll tube for the tail.