Today I wanted to make another book inspired craft. And since we are Eric Carle fans so obviously The Hermit Crab is another favorite book of ours. So I decided to make a Paper Plate Crab Craft. Because I was being lazy I decided to keep today’s craft super easy with minimum steps.
The Paper Plate Crab Craft involved painting so my daughter was super excited. She absolutely loves to paint. So as always we ended up making three Paper Plate Crab Craft instead of the planned one. By the way most of the crafts you see on my blog are painted by her. And the blue glittery Paper Plate Crab Craft was made by her without any help from me. I love it when she can make a craft all by herself!!! The instructions below are for one Paper Plate Crab Craft.
Materials For Paper Plate Crab Craft:
- Paper Plates
- Construction paper
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Stapler (optional)
Instructions For Paper Plate Crab Craft:
1. Paint your plate any color you like. Let it dry. (If you want to add glitter then sprinkle it while the paint is still wet).
2. Once your the paint on the paper plate is dry, fold the paper plate in half.
3. Now cut out 8 strips from the construction paper for the legs of the crab.
4. Next glue or staple the legs of the crab.
5. Stick on the googly eyes and make a smile for the crab.
Your super easy to make Paper Plate Crab Craft is ready. This has got to be easiest craft ever. Its perfect activity for the boredom spells that come along with the summer vacations. And this Paper Plate Craft is so simple that your kids won’t even need much supervision and you can get some chores done around the house while they stay busy. For more easy crafts check out Paper Plate Fish Aquarium Craft, Paper Plate Jellyfish Craft and Egg Carton Finny Fin Fin Fish Craft. Hope you enjoy this craft as much as we did. Happy Crafting!!!