Today in our Transport Craft series we proudly present to you the super Adorable Rocking Boat Craft for kids. This craft is so fun to play with! I absolutely loved making this simple Boat Craft . And while you are here you can also check out Free Printable Transportation Worksheets below.
And my daughter was totally crazy over the shall we say “Rocking” feature of the Boat. Plus this craft is so easy to make! it’s also perfect as a Preschool Boat Craft. Oh! while we are on the topic of “Rocking” feature of this easy boat craft do check out my super Adorable Rocking Frog Craft.
Aren’t these frogs adorable. Do check them out while you are here! So today’s craft is all about transportation and is a good hands on activity for kids. To find more exciting transport craft do check our list below:
Related Transport Crafts
For this Rocking Boat Craft I decided to use two simple materials. I used Crafting Paper and Popsicle Sticks and that’s it. Yup you heard me right! this is all you need to create this fun craft. And trust me it will keep your kids busy for a good amount of time. So what you need to do is cut out two circles from blue crafting paper and hold them in half. Now take red and green crafting paper for each respective boat and cutout a trapezoid shape for the boat’s body and yay!!!!! finally geometry comes to use in real life. (I hated math as a kid, like absolutely detested it).
Anyways back to the boat. Now for the mast of the sail I decided to use a small piece of a Popsicle Stick. Don’t worry if you don’t have a Popsicle Stick at home, you can always use a plastic straw or even a tiny strip of cardboard would. Next you need to cut out tiny triangles from yellow crafting paper as the sail of the boats.
Now just stick your boat base to the crease side of the semi circle you created by folding your paper circle in half. Stick on the mast and the sail as shown in the step by step pictures below.
- Crafting Paper (Blue, Red, Green and Yellow)
- Popsicle Stick (small size) 1
- School Glue
- Trace a circle on blue crafting paper and cut it out.
- Fold your circle into a semi circle.
- Measure the diameter of the semi circle.
- Now cut out a thin trapezoid (red crafting paper) with its base a little less then the size of the diameter.
- Paste this trapezoid as the body of the boat on the diameter of the semi circle. See step by step pictures above.
- Next cut of a small piece of the Popsicle Stick and glue it on the body of the boat as the mast.
- Cut out a tiny yellow triangle and glue it on the Popsicle Stick mast as the sail.
Follow the same steps as for the Red Boat.
If you do not have Popsicle Sticks at home you can easily use a plastic straw or even a thin strip f cardboard in its place.
I hope you enjoy making this craft with your kids. Please do Subscribe with us to get fun crafting ideas and free printables right in your inbox!
Happy Crafting With Us!!!!