This week we are planning to have a Transport Series and the second craft in this series is the Car Craft For Preschoolers. This super adorable craft is made using Popsicle Sticks and is perfect as a Transport Craft for Preschoolers. And while you are here do check out my Free Printable Transportation Worksheets at the bottom of this page.
I decided to use Popsicle Sticks for this easy car craft because then these adorable cars can also be used for pretend play! By the way child experts say that Pretend Play is essential for the development of little kids. It helps them explore different emotions, situations and solutions. Not only that it also helps them deal with different array of emotions they feel in a certain situation.
Transport Crafts For Preschool
This is why I often try to make sure that the easy crafts that I make can be used in pretend play as well, like this easy car craft for kids. My daughter loved playing with these cars so much!
Instructions for making Popsicle Stick Cars
This transport craft for preschoolers was super easy to make. We used green, red and blue Popsicle Sticks. We also used green, red, and blue stock papers were used to create the tops of the cars for this easy car craft. Yellow stock paper was used to create the windows. Now school glue can be used to stick the Popsicle Sticks together but I personally prefer using my hot glue gun. I feel the hot glue gun is less messy as compared to normal school glue plus it dries quicker. But always remember hot glue gun should only be used by an adult. Now without wasting more time let’s get to step by step instructions for this Car Craft.
- Red Popsicle Sticks (small size) 4
- Green Popsicle Sticks (small size) 4
- Blue Popsicle Sticks (small size) 4
- Plain Popsicle Sticks (small size) 2
- Red, blue, green yellow and black stock paper
- Hot Glue Gun
- Take 4 Red Popsicle Sticks and place them together horizontally.
- Take a plain Popsicle Stick and cut it to the width of your 4 Red Popsicle Sticks places horizontally.
- Use hot glue to stick the plain Popsicle Stick on the horizontally placed Red Popsicle Sticks. This will hold the Red Popsicle Sticks together. For stronger hold you can stick plain Popsicle Sticks on both ends of the Red Popsicle Sticks. We placed ours in the center as you can see in the pictures. Now flip over the car body.
- Next cut out a semi circle from Red Stock Paper for the top of the car and stick it to the Red Popsicle Stick body of the car.
- Now cutout yellow rectangles for the windows of the Red Car and glue them on as you can see in the pictures.
- Cutout 2 black circles from the block stock paper and glue them on the Red Car. Your pretty Red Car is ready now.
Follow the same instructions to make Green and Blue Cars.
- We used hot glue gun but regular school glue can also be used.
I hope you enjoy making this easy Car Craft For Preschoolers with your kids. Do check out our Free Printable Transportation Worksheets as well.
Happy Crafting With Us!!!!