Just the other day i was watching Monster Inc with my daughter. It happens to be one of our favourite cartoon movies to watch together. So the next day we decided to make this Adorable Rainbow Monster Craft. My daughter and I had a total blast with this craft. And to help you get more creative I made Fun Printable Faces for you to download for free. So Yay!!!!
You can just cut the faces out, the eyes and mouths and paste them on your Rainbow Monsters. To make our craft more exciting we decided to use Rainbow Popsicle Sticks.
We love working with Popsicle Sticks because they give a very nice effect to a craft. To glue the Popsicle Sticks together we use hot glue gun. Because my daughter is 9 yrs old now she handles the hot glue gun by herself but ONLY under supervision. So just be a little careful with that.
More Preschool Crafts
How To Make Rainbow Monsters
We began by taking Rainbow coloured Popsicle Sticks. My daughter arranged them from red to purple. Next we had the task of gluing the Popsicle sticks together. The least messy way to do this is by taking another Popsicle stick and gluing it horizontally on the vertically arranged Rainbow Popsicle Sticks. You can use hot glue gun for this OR regular white glue works perfectly fine as well.
Next we decided to cut out funny accessories for our Monster using paper. For your ease and fun you can download Monster Face Template for free. Lastly draw some cute mouths for your monsters and oh don’t forget to add googly eyes or just use the monster eye templates given below.
Rainbow Monster Craft (Step by Step Instructions)
This Rainbow Monster Craft is a super easy Popsicle Stick Craft. It comes with Free Monster Face Templates as well.
- Rainbow Colored Popsicle Sticks
- Monster Face Template (optional)
- Googly eyes
- Black Marker
- Colored Paper
- Hot Glue Gun or White glue
- Take Seven Popsicle Sticks in Rainbow colors. Place them vertically.
- Take another Popsicle Stick and cut it to the width of your vertically placed seven Popsicle Sticks.
- Use hot glue gun or White glue to stick the cut Popsicle Stick horizontally on the Vertically place sticks.
- Now flip over your Monster and start decorating it.
- Use glue to stick googly eyes or cut out Monster eyes from the template.
- Next cutout shapes to decorate your Monsters. We used triangles, hearts and a crown shape. Stick them using glue.
- Lastly use a black marker to draw funny mouths for your Monster Craft.
Hope you enjoy making this Rainbow Monster Craft as much as we did. Please Subscribe with us to get new craft ideas and free printable right in your inbox!
Happy Crafting With Us!!!!
3 thoughts on “Rainbow Monster Craft For Preschoolers”