Today my daughter wanted me to make paper fish craft in memory of her favorite pet fish, Swimmy. Swimmy was a beautiful discus fish. My daughter named her after the main character in the famous book Swimmy by Leo Lionni. We bought our fish after reading that particular book. Since our Swimmy was a bright orange fish we decided to use some bright neon construction paper. It was a super easy to make our paper fish craft. We decided to make 3 paper fish in pretty neon colors. We had the added fun of glitter and sequins in it, which delighted my daughter so much. We were done with our 3 paper fish in no time at all.
Materials for Swimmy Paper Fish Craft:
- Bright colored construction paper (we used neon pink, yellow and green)
- Glue stick
- Googley eyes
Instructions For Swimmy Paper Fish Craft:
- First cut a rectangle of 7inch by 12 inch.
2. Now meet the edges of the rectangle but don’t put a crease in the bend. Draw a triangle in the bend.
3. Cut out the triangle and draw a fish shape with pencil.
4. Next cut the fish shape out. Also cut out a fin and a tail.
6. Insert the tail inside the folded edges and staple it.
7. Now put glue on half of the fin and stick it on the fish.
8. At the end put some glue on the bottom half of the fish, on the fin and the tail. Sprinkle glitter and sequins on.
Now your pretty little paper fish are ready to play with. This was such a fun craft to make. My daughter absolutely loved sprinkling the glitter and the sequins. Hope you all enjoy it too. Happy crafting!!!
Be sure to check out some of my other paper crafts The hungry caterpillar and Super Easy Grouchy Ladybugs.
6 thoughts on “Swimmy: Easy Paper fish Craft”
Thats really amusing story and nice little fish.
How long before they are ready to eat? How long do you need to marinate with spices, yoghurt, Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi) ?
Do you recommend grilling or baking?