As you already know i love cards with a twist. So following Father’s Day theme i decided to make a card using my daughter’s hand print. I turned her hand print into a fish for our 3D Hand Print Father’s Day Card. And honestly it turned out so adorable. And the fun part was that it was so easy to make! Besides a Father’s Day Crafts collection isn’t complete without a hand print craft.
When i told my daughter that we are making a card using her hand print naturally she got all excited for it. I wanted to make a fish using her hand print. I also wanted the fish on a hook so i used popsicle stick and a pipe cleaner. This is a perfect craft for toddlers and older kids a like. The toddlers can help you by giving you their hand print!
Materials For 3D Hand Print Father’s Day Card:
- Construction paper (red and green)
- Popsicle stick
- Pipe cleaner
- Googly eye
- Black marker
*Note: The photo of materials is missing red construction paper.
Instructions For 3D Hand Print Father’s Day Card:
1. Take a piece of green construction paper, fold it in half and cut a hand print from it. But since we want the card to open leave the the wrist bit intact as shown below.
2. Now take a popsicle stick and wrap one end of the pipe cleaner to it. The popsicle stick will be the fishing rod and the pipe cleaner the fishing line.
3. Wrap the other end of the pipe cleaner to the card as shown in the picture below. You can also use glue to stick your pipe cleaner to the popsicle stick and the fish but i wanted a lose effect so i wrapped the pipe cleaner instead.
4. Stick the popsicle stick, on a red rectangle construction paper. I did not stick the fish on purpose because i said before i wanted a dangly effect for my fish. Your adorable Hand Print Father’s Day Card is ready now.
This was such a easy and simple Father’s Day Craft. And i so glad it turned out so pretty. For more fun and easy Father’s Day Crafts check out Paper Roll Shirt Father’s Day Craft and Lighthouse Father’s Day Card. We had so much fun making this 3D Hand Print Father’s Day Card. And my daughter just cant wait to give it to her Dad. So Happy Crafting With Us!!!
Inspired by: https://www.thebestideasforkids.com/fish-handprint-card/
7 thoughts on “Easy 3D Hand Print Father’s Day Card”
This card is TOO cute! my husband loves to fish, so this would be perfect.
Love simple crafts like this to make with the grandkids. Very cute
What a great idea! I like how it’s easy enough to do with a toddler but also “challenging” enough for a kiddo to do it on their own. I finally know what my son is going to do for my husband this Father’s Day! Thanks for sharing!
I am so glad you like it!
This is so cute! Can’t wait to try it with my crew!