The other day my sister was telling me she needed to make a fun and easy ocean themed craft for her 4 yr old daughter. She wanted something bright and colorful that her daughter could mostly make on her own and feel proud of for show and tell in her class. I thought a lot and decided to use paper plates to create a craft tutorial for her. I decided to make some cute Jellyfish Craft.
Obviously my own 7 yr old daughter was super interested too. So i decided to involve her in this paper plate Jellyfish Craft. For this easy craft you only need three things paper plate, paint and some colorful ribbons. The instructions below are for one Paper Plate Jellyfish Craft.
Materials for Paper Plate Jellyfish Craft:
- Paper Plate
- Hole Puncher
Instructions for Paper Plate Jellyfish Craft:
1. Take your paper plate and cut it in half.
2. Next use the hole puncher to punch holes along the straight edge of the paper plate. As shown below. (Yes my holes aren’t all in a straight line because my daughter was making this herself Yay!! And i being a proud mom didn’t want to disturb her).
3. Now paint your paper plate and let it dry.
4. Take your colorful rainbows and cut them in strips. Now 1 rainbow strip through each hole and tie a knot to secure it. You can also staple the ribbons or stick them with glue if you want to further simplify it for the little ones to do it themselves.
5. Stick googly eyes or draw them with a black marker.
6. Lastly i punched two holes at the top of the Jellyfish Craft and passed a ribbon through them so that you can hang your pretty Jelly Fish in the kids room.
Your cute and adorable Jellyfish Craft is ready!! This craft is perfect for kindergarten kids. It encourages kids to work on their own and feel confident about their art and craft skills. For more fun and easy Ocean Themed Crafts do check out How To Make Mermaid Craft Using Paper Roll and Kindergarten: Paper Plate Fish Aquarium Craft.