It was the first day of our long weekend today. My daughter as usual woke up early. We were both feeling lazy after our breakfast and decided to make an easy paper craft. Since she is obsessed with ladybugs these days after reading The grouchy ladybug by Eric Carle, we decided to make a few grouchy ladybugs out of paper. So off we went to our craft room to find all the material we needed. Grouchy ladybugs were pretty easy to make and they turned out so adorable. By the way my favorite crafts are the ones least messy, easy to make and gorgeous looking. These were all this and more. So happy crafting!!!
Materials for grouchy ladybugs:
- Red construction paper
- Black construction paper
- Googley eyes
- Glue stick
By the way we intended to make 2 ladybugs but ended up making 3 because they were so pretty to look at. These instructions are for 2 grouchy ladybugs.
Instructions for grouchy ladybugs:
1. Cut medium size circle from red construction paper. I used a glass to make my circle.
2. Cut 6 stripes from red construction paper. I cut mine about 1/2 inch thick and the length depends on your circle size as shown in the picture.
3. Fold the edges of each strip and paste it to opposite side of the circle as shown below.
4. Keep pasting your stripes around the circle.
5. Cut a big D shape from black construction paper for ladybugs head. Also cut black spots and antennas for the grouchy ladybug.
6. Now paste the head on one of the red stripes as shown in the picture. Stick on the googley eyes and the antennas.
7. Paste the black spots on the grouchy ladybugs.
Your grouchy ladybugs are now ready to play with you. It is another super easy mess free craft. Hope you enjoy making these lazy ladbugs. If you like easy paper crafts like these please check out The hungry caterpillar , Swimmy: Easy Paper Fish Craft and Spring Bookmarks Fun and Creative. Happy crafting with us!!!
Inspired by: https://www.easypeasyandfun.com/paper-ladybug-craft/