We are major Unicorn fans in this house. My daughter absolutely loves them. She has a huge collection of Little Ponies and loves playing her pretend play games with them. So today I decided to surprise her with this Easy Unicorn Craft Using Popsicle Sticks. And the best part is it comes with a FREE template, which you download at the bottom of the page!
When I showed the Unicorn Template to my daughter she immediately got super excited. I am sure all little girls will love this adorable unicorn idea. She quickly sat down to color the Unicorn horn using rainbow colors.
I personally feel that pretend play is very important for a child’s development. It helps them explore different situations and emotions. It also teaches them how to solve problems by themselves and how to deal with various emotions in a constructive way. This is why i always encourage my daughter for pretend play.
And today’s unicorn craft for kids was all about this. My daughter absolutely loved making it with and then she loved playing with it. The Popsicle Stick frame made this Unicorn Craft easy to handle. It also made it more durable. And the Unicorn Template made this whole craft so easy to attempt. Basically we made Popsicle Stick Frame for our Unicorn Craft as you can see in the step by step photos below. Also my daughter insisted on using Pinky Pie’s eye stickers for our craft. The Unicorn Template has slightly different eyes but equally gorgeous.
While you are here do check out some of my other Unicorn Crafts as well.
Related Unicorn Crafts
Now without wasting anymore time let’s get back to making this super Easy Unicorn Craft. All you need for this craft is Popsicle Sticks and the Unicorn Template which you can easily download below. Also i had some decorative flowers lying around the house so I used those for my Easy Unicorn Craft but you can easily use the flower pattern given in the Unicorn Template.
Enjoy the Music!!!
- Popsicle Sticks (12)
- Unicorn Template
- Color Pencils
- Hot glue gun
- Printout Unicorn Template and color in the horn and the ears.
- Cut out the Unicorn horn, ears and eyes as shown in the photo.
- Take four Popsicle sticks and create a frame out of them. You will be making two frames identical to each other. Use hot glue gun to stick your Popsicle Sticks together.
- Now take your first Popsicle Stick Frame and glue your Unicorn cutout on this frame.
- Take your second frame and glue it on top of the Unicorn cutout. This will ensure that your Unicorn cutout it glued safely between the two Popsicle Stick frames. Refer to attached photos.
- Next you need to do the same thing with the Unicorn horn. Take two Popsicle Sticks and Stick them on the front side and the back side of the Unicorn horn.
- Lastly color the flowers given in the template and glue them on your Unicorn.
- We used Pinky Pie's eye stickers for our craft on my daughter's insistence. The Unicorn Template eyes might slightly defer from our picture, but are equally gorgeous.
- I used artificial flowers on my craft, but for your ease flower template ins also included in the Unicorn Template.
- Popsicle Sticks are used to create durability of this Unicorn Craft.
Hope you enjoy making this Easy Unicorn Craft as much as we did. Do Subscribe with us to get more fun ideas likes this and free printables right in your inbox!
Happy Crafting With Us!!!