This week has been all about the Rainforests for us. My daughter loves tropical birds and when she was filling out her Rainforest Worksheets with me she asked if we could make a Rainforest Craft. And we decided to make this Gorgeous Colorful Toucan Craft.
Don’t you just love the bright wings and tail!! The real Toucan birds are black with colorful beaks but we decided to add more colors to our Toucan. My daughter wasn’t too excited with an all black bird. This is why we added these beautiful pink, yellow and red to our Toucan Craft.
Free Printable Rainforest Worksheets
Free Printable Solar System Worksheets
How to make Colorful Toucan
This Colorful Toucan craft is super easy to make. I created the (click here for download) Toucan Craft Template and printed it out for my daughter. She cut out the beak, head, body and tail of the Toucan by herself. She then traced them on black crafting paper. For the beak she used yellow crafting paper. Next she glued together the different parts of the bird.
She then came too me because she wanted to add more color to her bird. We decided to use hot pink, yellow and red paper. We carefully cut out small rectangles of each color. Using scissors I helped her cut tiny strips. As you can see in the picture below.
Next we glued these colorful strips on the head of the bird, as a wing and on the tail of the Toucan. For the feet of the Toucan we used tiny strips of orange paper and folded it in accordion style and glued them on. Finally our Colorful Toucan Bird was ready.
We then decide to make a branch for the Colorful Toucan Craft to sit on. For that we used a strip of brown paper bag and twisted it to give some texture to the branch. We then cut out some green leafs and used flowers to create a beautiful Rainforest theme.
This was the perfect Rainforest Craft for our Rainforest study unit. While making the Toucan Craft I discussed features of a Rainforest with my daughter. We also discussed how important it is to protect the Rainforests.
We then discussed the different types of birds that live in the Rainforests and how most of them are becoming endangered!
Now let’s get back to Step by Step Instructions for Colorful Toucan Craft. And here is your Free Toucan Craft Template
Colorful Toucan Craft With Free Template
A cute Rainforest activity which let's you make a Colorful Toucan Craft with paper.
- Toucan Template
- Crafting Paper (black, pink, yellow, red and orange)
- Googly eye
- Print out the Toucan Craft Template. Cut out the head, beak, body and tail of the Toucan. Also cut out the rectangle piece.
- Trace the head, body and tail of the Toucan on black crafting paper and cut them out.
- Next trace out the beak on yellow crafting paper and cut it out.
- Trace out the rectangle on red, pink and yellow crafting paper. You will be cutting out 3 rectangles of each color.
- Now glue together the head, body and tail of the Toucan as you can see in the pictures.
- Glue the beak and googly eye on the Toucan Craft.
- Now cut out tiny vertical strips from each of the colored rectangles. Don't cut all the way. Look at attached picture for reference.
- Now paste these colorful strips on the head of the toucan. Use them to create a wing for the toucan and add some to its tail. Please see attached pictures for reference.
- Your Colorful Toucan Craft is ready for display now.
The branch, leaves and flowers are just added for display purposes. You can use brown paper bag strip to create a branch. For leaves use green crafting paper. The flower I used were pre made.
For more easy bird crafts do check out
Happy Crafting With Us!!!!!
3 thoughts on “Colorful Toucan Craft With Free Template”